Click for State of Alaska Home Page spacer
   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers    Researchers    Labor Shortcuts
To search our site type search terms in the box and click the find button

Foreign Labor Certification

State of Alaska > DOLWD > Foreign Labor Certification

The Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (ETA) works with employers to process permanent and temporary Foreign Labor Certification (FLC) requests.

A Permanent Labor Certification allows an employer to hire a foreign worker to work permanently in the United States. The Temporary Agricultural (H-2A) and Non-Agricultural (H-2B) program allows an employer to employ a foreign worker in the U.S., on a non-immigrant basis, for a time period of less than 365 days

The FLC programs are designed to ensure that the admission of foreign nationals to work in the United States will not adversely affect the job opportunities, wages and working conditions of U.S. workers.

The process to request Permanent labor certification changed January 1, 2010. For more information and links, click here.

The process to request Temporary Agricultural (H-2A) and Non-Agricultural (H-2B) has changed. Click here for information and forms.




Quick Links
Forms and Instructions for:
Temporary Agricultural (H-2A) and Non-Agricultural (H-2B) Requests
U.S. Dept of Labor,
Foreign Labor Certification
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Contact Info:
Temporary H-2B and H-2A
(907) 465-1198


   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers     Researchers    Department Shortcuts    Webmaster
Page Updated December 8, 2016