Alaska Crew and Cast Advancement Program (AKCCAP)
THE 2012 Alaska Crew and Cast Advancement Program (AKCCAP) is seeking projects through the Alaska Workforce Investment Board (AWIB), that provide career and technical education that will adapt to emerging demands and opportunities in the film and television industry, and will prepare Alaskans for success in the industry.
Legislative appropriations outlined in the capital budget, were made available to the Department of Labor and Workforce Development (DOLWD), AWIB, to offer, in cooperation with the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development (DCCED), competitive grants for training Alaskans and establishing Alaska workforce development programs in the film and television industry. Additionally, these funds may be used for Individual Training Accounts (ITAs) for Alaskans seeking specialized training in the Alaska film and television industry.
AKCCAP Individual Training Accounts
Individuals interested in receiving funding for film training must complete a one page application. Contact your closet job center to apply:
- Anchorage Muldoon Job Center, Lena Mathlaw 269-4733
- Bethel YK Delta Job Center, Kimberly Weston-Smith – 543-1601
- Juneau Job Center, Danny Lakip – 465-5930
- Kenai Peninsula Job Center, Carolyn Vanzant – 283-2922
- Fairbanks Job Center, Missy Lizotte – 451-2891
Funds may cover up to $1,500 in tuition and $1,000 for transportation and lodging for Alaskans who successfully complete training. Funding will be available on a first-come basis until all funds are obligated.
AKCCAP Grantees/Training Providers
- Talking Circle Media
- Alaska Crew Training (ACT I)
- IATSE Local 918
- Affinityfilms, Inc.
- KPU Telecommunications
- University of Alaska Fairbanks, Film Program
- Release - Labor, Commerce Award Film/TV Training Grants, Mar. 2, 2012 (PDF)
- AKCCAP Questions and Answers, Feb. 3, 2012 (PDF)
- Release – AWIB Accepting Applications for AKKCAP Grant, Jan. 9, 2012 (PDF)
- Public Teleconference - Film and TV Workforce Development Funds, Dec. 28, 2011 (MP3)
AWIB Program Coordinator