We Help Alaskans with Disabilities Get and Keep Good Jobs

Transition Tools for Teachers, Parents and Students

How to Make a Referral to DVR

DVR Transition Shop

    Enter your email below and get a DVR transition tool each month. 
    That’s one tool a month to help you “Build Better Transitions” for students.

    View previously sent transition tools.

Key Transition Partners

  • Alaska Job Centers
    Alaska’s Job Centers operate statewide and help job seekers and employers connect. They offer many services including resume writing and interview workshops, career assessment and counseling, job search assistance and job training assistance. Contact your local Job Center to find out what services are available in your area. 

  • Centers for Independent Living
    Centers for Independent Living provide independent living skills training, advocacy, peer counseling and information and referral to maximize the independence of people with disabilities.
  • Short-Term Assistance & Referral Programs (STAR)
    These programs help people navigate the Developmental Disability eligibility process and find available services. The "STAR Roster," located on the STAR website, provides contact information for different statewide support programs.
  • University of Alaska Disability Services
    University of Alaska Anchorage, University of Alaska Fairbanks and University of Alaska Southeast
    Each University of Alaska campus offers support services for students who experience disabilities. Early planning is encouraged to allow staff adequate time to make the necessary arrangements for support services. 
  • Special Education, Alaska Department of Education and Early Development
    Parents, teachers, and district staff can find information and resources specific to special education in Alaska’s schools. Helpful links include the Special Education Handbook, Parental Rights for Special Education, and other organizations that provide supports to those involved with special education.