We Help Alaskans with Disabilities Get and Keep Good Jobs
Jobseekers with Disabilities
- Who Qualifies
- How to Apply
- Steps of Our Program
- You Get to Make Choices
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Your plan for getting to work
- How do I pick a career?
- Having problems with DVR?
- Contact Us
- View our 3-minute video on moving from School to Work. or read the transcript
- The Alaska Youth Transition Handbook
This document is being updated and will be available soon.
Designed to help DVR staff, teachers, students and their families in the delivery of transition services. Available in PDF or Word format.
- Transition Bookmarks
Four bookmarks, each with transition-related tips including career and transition planning, the power of parent expectations and how to refer students to DVR. Available by contacting the nearest DVR office or, if you are a client, DVR counselor. View Bookmarks sample.
- Pre-Transition and Transition Checklist
Checklists for students and parents to identify helpful resources. Available by contacting the nearest DVR office or, if you are a client, your DVR counselor. View Deskmark sample.