Nov. 2009 Report of the Workers’ Compensation Medical Services Review Committee
The Medical Services Review Committee (MSRC) assists and advises the Department of Labor and Workforce Development and the Workers’ Compensation Board in matters involving the appropriateness, necessity, and cost of medical and related services provided under the Workers’ Compensation Act.
The medical services review committee shall consist of nine members to be appointed by the commissioner as follows:
(1) one member who is a member of the Alaska State Medical Association;
(2) one member who is a member of the Alaska Chiropractic Society;
(3) one member who is a member of the Alaska State Hospital and Nursing Home Association;
(4) one member who is a health care provider, as defined in AS 09.55.560;
(5) four public members who are not within the definition of "health care provider" in AS 09.55.560; and
(6) one member who is the designee of the commissioner and who shall serve as chair.
Meetings for the MSRC are periodically throughout the year and are open to the public. Questions or comments concerning the MSRC can be sent to the attention of the Director, Division of Workers’ Compensation.