Alaska Workers’ Compensation Act Training Schedule (PDF)
An Alaskan employer with one or more full or part-time employees is required to carry workers’ compensation insurance under AS.23.30.075.
The penalty for an employer’s failure to insure under AS.23.30.080 is up to $1,000 per employee for each day the employer failed to insure.
If you have information about an employer who may not carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance, please contact one of our investigators by calling our toll free number, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your identity may remain anonymous if requested.
Contact your local Workers’ Compensation Insurance
How do I report fraud?
There are different issues that can be reported as fraud. Contact our office as soon as possible if you suspect any of the following:
- If you are a business owner and know of someone who has employees but does not have coverage, or you suspect there is no coverage.
- If you are an employee who is unsure if their employer has coverage.
- If you know of someone who is currently receiving Workers’ Compensation
benefits but they are:
- working for a second employer while collecting workers’ compensation benefits.
- participating in activities that they have been restricted from doing as part of their workers’ compensation claim
The National Insurance Crime Bureau states that workers’ compensation fraud is the fastest growing insurance scam in the country. Unscrupulous workers who feign back injuries, knee tweaks, or chronic fatigue syndrome to secure benefits cost insurance companies millions of dollars. In turn, you may end up paying higher premiums for your coverage.
Fraud is a serious problem and should be reported to the Workers’ Compensation Special Investigations Unit or your insurance carrier for investigation.
Special Investigations Brochure
|The workers’ compensation fraud hotline is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The number to call is:
State of Alaska
Department of Labor and Workforce Development
Workers’ Compensation Division
Special Investigations Unit
(907) 269-4002 Main
(907) 269-2013 Fax
(907) 451-2932 Main
(907) 451-2883 Fax
(907) 465-5875 Main
(907) 465 2797 Fax