Skip to content Back to Top

Foreign Labor Certification

The Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (ETA) works with employers to process permanent and temporary Foreign Labor Certification (FLC) requests.

The FLC programs are designed to ensure that the admission of foreign nationals to work in the United States will not adversely affect the job opportunities, wages and working conditions of U.S. workers.

The Temporary Agricultural (H-2A) and Non-Agricultural (H-2B) programs allow employers to employ foreign workers in the U.S., on a non-immigrant basis, for a time period of less than 365 days. The process to request H-2A and H-2B certification has changed. Visit for information and forms for Alaska employers.

Information from the Alaska State Workforce Agency (SWA) regarding employee rights as an H-2A worker:

Information from the Alaska SWA regarding employee rights as an H-2B worker:

A Permanent Labor Certification allows an employer to hire a foreign worker to work permanently in the United States. The process to request Permanent Labor Certification changed January 1, 2010. For more information and links, visit .