Click for State of Alaska Home Page
   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers    Researchers    Labor Shortcuts
To search our site type search terms in the box and click the find button

Division of Labor Standards and Safety

State of Alaska > DOLWD > Labor Standards & Safety > Mechanical Inspection

Mechanical Inspection Section

Reciprocal Electrician Journeyman License

The state of Alaska has reciprocal agreements for Electrical Journeyman with the following states: Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming.

NOTE: Alaska no longer has a reciprocal agreement with the state of Utah.

To apply for a reciprocal electrical journeyman's license please
supply the following information (in addition to the application):
A copy of the current Electrical Journeyman License from one of the above mentioned reciprocal states.
** NOTE** You must have held this license for at least one year and the license must be active at the time of reciprocation. You must have tested for the license you are using to reciprocate.
A copy of a current picture ID (driver's license, state ID, etc.).
Passport or digital photo at least 2”x2”. Must be a clear head and shoulders view, taken against a white or very light colored background. 
Required fees. Total of $250.00 ($50.00 application fee and $200.00 - 2 year license fee). Make checks payable to the State of Alaska.

Contact Mechanical Inspection:

1251 Muldoon Road, Suite 113
Anchorage, AK 99504
Phone: 907-269-4925
Fax: 907-269-4932


Alaska... Cool.

Quick Links
Mechanical Inspection Home


   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers     Researchers    Department Shortcuts    Webmaster
Page Updated August 11, 2020