Click for State of Alaska Home Page spacer
   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers    Researchers    Labor Shortcuts
To search our site type search terms in the box and click the find button

State of Alaska > DOLWD > Employment Security Tax > Frequently Asked Questions



My business has changed from a sole proprietor to a corporation. I have the same business and the same owner, why do I need a new state id number?

Anytime an entity change occurs a new account needs to be set up. This is because when you change entity types, the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) will issue a new Federal Identification Number (FEIN). Employment Security Tax must report to the IRS the amount of wages each employer (and FEIN) reports to us. The amount we report must match what you have reported.


Quick Links
Employment Security Tax
Tax Rates
Office Locations
Laws and Cases
Employer Newsletters
ES Tax Handbook
Tax Calculation Cookbook
Unclaimed Refunds
Need A Speaker?


   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers     Researchers    Department Shortcuts    Webmaster
Page Updated July 31, 2014