Click for State of Alaska Home Page spacer
   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers    Researchers    Labor Shortcuts
To search our site type search terms in the box and click the find button

State of Alaska > DOLWD > Employment Security Tax > Frequently Asked Questions



A partner of mine has left our partnership. Would you take his name off the account?

Before we can do that we need to know a couple of things. First, have you contacted the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) about this change? If so, did they require you to apply for a new Federal Identification Number (FEIN)?

If the IRS has issued you a new FEIN then we are going to have to issue you a new account number. This is because of the requirement that our reports to the IRS (which are based on what you report to us) must match what you report to them or we both get messages from the IRS.

If a new FEIN is not required, then we would be happy to update the account information as needed. Please send us an updated Employer Registration Form (form 1002) and we will make the necessary changes.


Quick Links
Employment Security Tax
Tax Rates
Office Locations
Laws and Cases
Employer Newsletters
ES Tax Handbook
Tax Calculation Cookbook
Unclaimed Refunds
Need A Speaker?


   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers     Researchers    Department Shortcuts    Webmaster
Page Updated July 31, 2014