Click for State of Alaska Home Page spacer
   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers    Researchers    Labor Shortcuts
To search our site type search terms in the box and click the find button

State of Alaska > DOLWD > Employment Security Tax > Frequently Asked Questions



My new employee already paid in the maximum UI contribution with her previous employer this year. Why do I have to pay for her since you already have that money?

The only real answer, and we know it's not a very good one, is because the law says that every employer is required to pay unemployment insurance contributions on each and every employee they have. Employees that work for two or more employers in a calendar year and pay more than the required contributions can apply for a refund of those excess contributions.

If you or your employees would like to know more about this refund program please contact your nearest Employment Security Tax representative.


Quick Links
Employment Security Tax
Tax Rates
Office Locations
Laws and Cases
Employer Newsletters
ES Tax Handbook
Tax Calculation Cookbook
Unclaimed Refunds
Need A Speaker?


   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers     Researchers    Department Shortcuts    Webmaster
Page Updated July 31, 2014