Click for State of Alaska Home Page spacer
   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers    Researchers    Labor Shortcuts
To search our site type search terms in the box and click the find button

State of Alaska > DOLWD > Employment Security Tax > Frequently Asked Questions



Is the employee portion of unemployment insurance contributions deductible for federal income tax purposes?

Please remember we are not experts in federal tax law. However, we have been told by the Internal Revenue Service, that employment security tax can be deducted on the federal individual income tax return, Form 1040, under Schedule A, line 8 (other taxes).  They have even provided copies of three Revenue Rulings (81-192, 81-193, 81-194) to support this advice.


Quick Links
Employment Security Tax
Tax Rates
Office Locations
Laws and Cases
Employer Newsletters
ES Tax Handbook
Tax Calculation Cookbook
Unclaimed Refunds
Need A Speaker?


   Job Seekers    Workers    Employers     Researchers    Department Shortcuts    Webmaster
Page Updated July 31, 2014