The State Vocational Rehabilitation Committee
Mission: The State Vocational Rehabilitation Committee (SVRC) works with the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) to help Alaskans with disabilities achieve quality employment outcomes.
Chairperson: Tamara Douglas, business representative seat.
Next Quarterly Meeting: May 5, 2021
- This meeting will be via teleconference and focus on DVR services in rural Alaska.
Tell Us About Your Experience Working with DVR
There are various ways you can tell the committee about your experience with DVR.
- Share it in-person at one of the SVRC's quarterly meetings. See the meeting calendar on this website for meeting dates. Meeting and public testimony dates, times and location will also be listed here 30 days before the meeting.
- Call-in to one of the SVRC's public quarterly meetings during the public testimony portion and share your experience over the phone.
- Email your testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time, and include your permission to read aloud at the SVRC quarterly public meeting. It will be read at the next SVRC quarterly meeting.
- Mail a letter with your testimony, and include your permission to read aloud at the SVRC quartely public meeting. Your letter will be read at the SVRC's next quarterly meeting.
The testimony is used, along with consumer satisfaction surveys and other data, to measure the quality and effectiveness of the program in helping people with disabilities who want to find and keep a good job. Testimony is recorded in public records.