State of Alaska > DOLWD > Vocational Rehabilitation
Do You Qualify?
Our goal is to help you get work that you enjoy and can do if you qualify for services.
- You must have trouble getting or keeping a job because of a mental or physical problem. We can find someone to assess your disability
if you need it. We can pay for this, too.
- You must need services to prepare for, get, or keep a job.
Do you get SSI or SSDI (social security for a disability)? If you do, you probably qualify for DVR help if your goal is to work.
What We Need from You:
- Copies of medical records about your disability. We can get the records from your doctor if you give us permission in writing saying it is OK. or...
- Proof that you get social security for a disability such as check stubs, direct deposit statements, or your OK for us to contact Social Security.
- Your work history (what jobs you have had before).
- A form you have filled out to apply for help (your application).
- A meeting with a DVR counselor. We call it an “interview”.
We assume that you can work if you have the right supports and services. Usually we can tell if you qualify in 60 days or less. Sometimes it takes longer.We may ask you to show that you can work by taking part in a job “try-out.” In a job try-out, we get you a temporary job with a real employer.
DVR has this information pack on tape, in large print, and in Braille. Ask your local DVR office.
|Community Rehabilitation Providers (CRP)
|Director: Cheryl A. Walsh
|| (907) 465-2814
|| (907) 465-2856
||801 W. 10th Street,
Juneau, AK 99801-1894